Bench Shavings – 3/12/17

Occasionally there are weeks where I just can’t get out to the shop as much as I would like. This was one of those weeks where it just didn’t happen. I posted on the 7th, but in actuality I can’t remember being in the shop since at least last weekend if not before. Looking back at my photo history, it had been since last Saturday. With sports, weather, etc taking up time, sometimes the shop gets put on the back burner.

I did get out there today though, even just for a short while. My main accomplishment was getting the air hose reel fixed. I had heard the spring slip a few weeks ago, and the last six feet or so of the hose would not stay wound on the reel. In spite of the warning on the side, I did undo four of the six screws and peeked inside. Seeing a flat coiled spring, I decided to do a YouTube search to see if there was another way to get the whole hose wound up. It turns out that if you get some slack and wind it around manually, it does the trick. I wasted a bit of time taking it down and et cetera, but the end result was worth it. I have again a fully functioning air hose reel again.

I also mounted the snips and wrenches on the wall under the computer monitor. I don’t know if that’s where it will stay, but it works for now. It’s also one more thing taken care of and towards the goal of starting my next project. I think after next weekend I’ll review the plans for the table again in preparation of starting it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.